We are still on the lookout for the perfect ride and drive pony, please let us know if you can help....
Therapeutic Horsemanship is one of a range of activities where people learn about themselves, others and the world through their interaction with horses. Equine Assisted Learning (EAL), Equine Assisted Therapy (EAT), Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (EAP) and Equine Facilitated Learning (EFL) are commonly associated interventions
A relationship based on trust, leadership and tranquility facilitates rewarding horse-human interaction. The approach taken by Sirona Therapeutic Horsemanship can be described as ‘natural horsemanship’ as both horse and person are simultaneously learner and teacher. The benefits of horse-human interaction are particularly felt by people for whom self-esteem, trust and confidence has posed challenges
Supporting people to:
• Examine behavioral issues in a non-confrontational way
• Increase self-esteem and self-confidence
• Increase verbal and non-verbal communication skills as well as assertiveness
• Develop trust, respect, boundaries and compassion
• Build a sense of responsibility and empowerment
• Develop transferable skills and provide an educational resource
• Improve physical health with the associated benefits to mental health
• Have fun!
Company no: 6570184 - registered in England